Saturday, March 30, 2013

Lovely

   Dear Readers, I would like to share something with you all today(and just in time for Easter, too!). It is a song. If you would like to hear it, click on the video. If you don't, that's fine too, it is a genuinely nice song, though(and 80% of your gradeAHAHAHAHha *coughcoughhack*).


   The song's lyrics(Wonderfully delivered by the lovely(ahahaha, but no, really.) Sara Haze,) depict a woman who is, although imperfect, and although rejected by the (apparent) object of her affections, 'Lovely', and sees herself as such. She is a perfect(in her own way), self assured marvel of femininity. After finally seeing other people's molds and projections for what they are, she stops trying to fit and just accepts herself(or "Little old me") as she is.
   It's just a song, only just under four minutes long, and honestly? Kind of repetitive. But the first time I heard it(and, consequently, every time after that.) it spoke to me as an anthem for all of today's young women, who, despite the pretty painted picture of Bulimic Steetwalker Barbie and Bettys, DESERVE to feel lovely. And we do. I do. At least, I think I do. Do I? I don't know.
I know I want to, at least. I certainly would LIKE to be like the lady singing, feeling 'Lovely, just the way that I am.' That would be wonderful.
 ...
Probably.

Maybe even 'Lovely.'

No comments:

Post a Comment